Stuck in the '70s

Monday, April 17, 2006

Remodeling goes on, foot in cast, new job


Well, I'll just give you a quick report tonight on recent developments.

I spent last Monday through Tuesday in Florida at my friend Sarah's in Spring Hill. Interviewed Tuesday at the Citrus County Chronicle for a copy editor's job. Haven't heard from them. Started a new job here in town Thursday at the Towne & Country $hopper, a paper my friend Ted & I are starting with backing from an area couple. I'll be graphic design, editor, etc., and Ted is sales guy. I'm already enjoying it, especially the hours.

My brother, Mike, Nick and I went to Silver Dollar City on our season passes last Saturday. It was crowded, but we had a lot of fun as usual. The sweet baboo stayed home & worked for the painting company as well as did more work on the kitchen. At left are some recent pix. All of the appliances are in the house now, but not hooked up. You can see the orange countertops. The wall color will match the countertops, and the cabinets will be glazed an olive green. Diablo, my kitty, is checking out his reflection in the new gas range.

I went back to see the orthopaedic guy today and now have a cast on my left foot. I told him how that big ol' shot did nothing, as did the pain pills, so he's put it in a cast & I got crutches. Not supposed to put any weight on it for four weeks. Somehow, immobilizing it is supposed to make it better. Make the spur go away? I doubt it.

Well, I'll sign off here. I'm getting tired. More later...
Julie

5 Comments:

  • At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Kris said…

    LOL! You posted just 9 minutes before I did, but I somehow missed it while I was thinking about commenting (on your last entry).
    Glad to see you back. Big congratulations on the Towne and Country $hopper!!
    Let me reiterate, "Don't forget your fans out here!"
    PS: Can't wait to go back to SDC myself!

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Perhaps some day I will get to see the kitchen in person!

    Love ya lots

    JOHN

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Julie, That '70s Chick said…

    John,

    That depends. If you're my buddy John from Michigan, you're welcome any time, and I'll cook porkchops and applesauce for you! If you're some other John, we'd have to get it approved by my sweet baboo! :)

    Julie, the '70s chick

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Julie. Maybe John can stop in St. Louis on his way and I'll come down there with him!

    -Melanie-

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Julie, That '70s Chick said…

    That would be awesome Melanie! I'd love to have you both!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home