Stuck in the '70s

Friday, March 03, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

Hey!

Well, I got up at 5:30 this morning so I could accomplish something -- like more cleaning before tomorrow's Oscar party, but I've spent my time on the 'Net, updating the site (poor Jack Wild) and answering e-mail. Oh well -- that's more fun anyway! :)

Sorry my last post or two was such a bummer. Thanks for the encouraging correspondence from those of you who read the blog! I've really got nothing to be bummed about at all. Guess I was PMSing and pre-birthdaying. Ha, ha. Things are getting whipped into shape for the party. My sweet baboo spent all day yesterday putting down ceramic tile in the kitchen and doing some tidying for me. He has today off work too and is gonna continue, bless his heart. He was so worn out when I got off work last night. He's something else.

I'm gonna make this a short one. Just wanted to say, I have lots of stuff to be happy and excited about, and I'm gonna enjoy turning 43 today, dammit!

Julie

5 Comments:

  • At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, Julie!

    One thing that I might mention that no one else has said is that people are a reflection of their self-perception. You're a writer. You know that. But right now, you're also selling stuff at Home Depot. It's not who you are, but what you're doing. Sometimes it's hard to separate the two, especially if you are the sort of person who doesn't like to do things halfway.

    Maybe if you made a list about the good things about your job. It might be hard, but I'm sure there's something there...at least ONE thing! Then, try to concentrate on that. When you're away from it, try not to think about it at all.

    Well, I hope this has helped a little. Enjoy your day!

    Marcia

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Kris said…

    Happy happy birthday!!

    I've read your whole site, read all of your posted diary entries, and all of your blog!

    Can't wait for you to find 1980-81 diaries!! Wish you had more from college. And would love to know MORE about you between 1979 and now!

    I check everyday for new blog entries. You are so interesting! And fun!

    One of these days maybe I'll ask you a whole bunch of questions, for example, you mention several times throughout your diaries that you had "tortillas" for supper. I want to know what you had with them. Surely not JUST tortillas?!!

    Hope your day is going great and that your party tomorrow is FUN FUN FUN!

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger ThoughtsInsideMyHead said…

    I hope you had a great birthday. Your site is in my favorites; I love it.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger ptcitychick said…

    Happy Birthday, Julie!!!!!!
    I just went through the kitchen renovation thing, so I know what you are going through. It is the pits, but when you finish, it will be well worth it.
    About your job.... remember this... Some days you are the dog, and some days you are the hydrant.
    Hang in there!
    ptcitychick

     
  • At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Cindi said…

    Happy Birthday, Julie! I just discovered your "stuck in the 70's" site just a few days ago and told my sister to check it out too. It has brought back so many wonderful memories. I miss those carefree days of my teen years in the 70's. I was really bummed to hear about not only Don Knott's passing but Jack Wild's. I had a major crush on Jack Wild when I was a kid. (he was only 6 yrs older than me) I have only started to read your diary entries because I checked out all your other links first. I have kept a diary for most of my life starting when I was about 11. Keep up the good work!
    From Illinois

     

Post a Comment

<< Home