Stuck in the '70s

Friday, March 04, 2005

Another Year Older

Gosh! Time flies when you're not stressed out! Things have been enjoyable here since I last wrote in this blog. Let me count the ways.

Last weekend, Dad and I traveled north and got my brother, Mike, all moved down to Arkansas. It's sure great to have him around. Oldest brother, Bob, also came along, and we all had a really good 4-day visit. The only thing missing was Mom, but we could all feel her there in spirit. Now, Mike will join me and several of my close buds for my 11th annual Oscars movie party tomorrow night. We always have a big time.

Meanwhile, I've been having fun working on my Web site, adding to it and holding more contests. I have received two of Donny Osmond's new CDs and will be giving those away, along with Joe Cocker's new CD. I'm also working on some cool stuff to sell on the site.

I turned 42 yesterday. I wasn't really dreading it like I did the big four-oh. I wasn't thrilled about it either, mind you. But it didn't hurt at all. This morning, while looking in the bathroom mirror, I spotted two or three gray hairs.

Welp, I guess that about wraps it up for now. I'll try to be more regular about writing to keep you up to date on the site and what's been going on around here. I enjoy reading your comments, and yes, one commenter was correct in sensing a note of sarcasm when I called my fellow co-workers lovely. I can only think of a few who'd I'd call that, and they're still my friends.

Later gator!
Jules

3 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Jonny said…

    Happy birthday from a fellow Pisces!

    I was hoping this year I'd have the traditional big 70's blow-out at McDonald's, with the complimentary cooler of Orange Drink and the free Grimace plastic hand puppets.

    But alas - they don't do it anymore. I had to settle with the 50's theme party with the party favors I cut out of Dynamite magazine.

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger pete said…

    happy b-day,julie. this is pete(the one who sent you the capt / tennile clipping.)please check my blog too, funny how some things come around,this past weekend i found in a thrift store a copy of king kong-1976 remake,which i adored this time 28yrs ago.and last night-sat. local fox station aired"carrie" again,a film that took me a long while to appreciate.,i loved that cool soundtrack-esp where betty buckley is working those nasty gals-making them sweat. any recollections of king kong,or carrie?.btw,"alien" is my fave film (i chuckled at your summer'79 entry-i saw it in june that year too)

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger meerelda said…

    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, JULIE!

    I turned 41 myself in February. I was a little depressed, but not for very long. The hubby threw me a nice little bash, complete with 70s music, and the guests all partook of old stand-by faves like Battleship, Candyland, & Twister, along with a few games of darts and foosball and my daughters electronic truth or dare game. Nothing like a bunch of 35+ folks reliving their childhood with a little help from their favorite libations! :) The kiddoes thought it was pretty cool, too! I hope you have a great year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home