Stuck in the '70s

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Spring Approacheth

Hey all!

Lots of changes going on around this joint. I quit my regular full-time job Monday. That may not have been too bright because now I'm only working part time and trying to make extra money with other ventures to make ends meet. However, I feel like a great weight has been lifted. That place was extremely stressful and the most abusive environment I've experienced since I got my first job at age 15 in 1978!! So, even if I have to worry about money now and then (mostly now), at least I won't be suffering the wrath of the higher ups who just like to take things out on the little guy.

Meanwhile, working just three days a week is going to give me the time I've been hoping for to go through closets and the two sheds where I know I have some stuff stored that someone might want. I've got all my old '70s scrapbooks and other memoriabilia stored out there, as well as toys, dolls, books, etc. So, if it's not for sale, at least I can take pictures and put them on my site.

And speaking of the site, I've been working on it a lot lately. Yesterday, we had a record 4,575 visitors. We've been averaging anywhere between 2,500 to 4,025 a day. I'd like to think it's all the cool extra stuff I'm adding that's bringin' 'em in! Too bad I can't play with my site all day long every day and make money doin' it! :) I've added more '70s magazines and will be updating with more links, info and pictures on all of the pages on my days off.

Stay cool, and happy "near spring!"

Julie

1 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Wander said…

    Well, look on the bright side. At least now you don't have to worry about them firing you because you have a blog whether you say anything about them or not. :) Did I detect a note of sarcasmn (sp) when you said that the people that you work with were just lovely?
    Good luck on the Spring cleanout of the shed's and have a happy stroll down memory lane while you do it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home