Stuck in the '70s

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Hey, hey, hey!

I went to see the "Fat Albert" movie the other night. I must admit, I got a big kick out of it. Kenan What's-his-name was great as Albert. It kept the same good-natured general feeling the old cartoons had. I only have a couple complaints. Mushmouth didn't really talk like Mushmouth. I wish they would've done it the way Mushmouth talked in the cartoons. In this one, he needed a translater. Also, Rudy wasn't a smart aleck and didn't have the classic Rudy walk. Other than that, it was great fun, and I'd recommend it to everyone in our age group. I was the oldest one in the cinema the other night when I went (out of all 8 of us), and I'm sure none of them remember the original cartoons.

Things are going OK at Stuck in the '70s. I've introduced the second contest -- this one for "Dazed and Confused" DVDs. The winners of the "Buck Rogers" contest should've received their DVDs by now, hopefully.

We got seriously snowed in over Christmas. Sunday and Monday the boys and I were able to travel the 45 miles or so though the Ozark Mountains to visit Dad. He's doing so well! Again, I appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts.

Jules

5 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger ptcitychick said…

    Julie,
    I have been an avid reader of your site for 6 years and I have emailed you a couple of times. I just wanted to again tell you how much I enjoy your site and admire your courage in dealing with your life changes. It is amazing how women our age (I am 41 also) have to deal with so much. You ARE an INSPIRATION! Keep your chin up!!!! You have a friend in Georgia!

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger John said…

    Hey Julie, I love your site! I have yet to see "Fat Albert" the movie. I am sure it is excellent and tries to stay consistent with the spirit of the Saturday morning t.v. show. nonetheless, I just wanted to say that you are doing an excellent job in bringing those of us "relics" as my son calls us, back to a time that we shall never forget. Keep your head up high and keep on doing what your doing! Thanks for all the memories that I hold close to my heart.

    A heart-felt thank you,

    John

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Moonlightfeelsright said…

    Hi Julie:

    I too am 41 and only recently have decided to get in touch with the "70s past" that embarrassed me. So.. I bought a pair of Earth Shoes, I dug up all my old dolls - Mimi, Sweet April, Chrissy, Dawn Dolls -- I found all my 70s Beatle mags and Teen Beats and my Dorothy Hamill doll. What a blast. I found my old 45's ("What's a record?" asks my 7 year old nephew) and it was incredible! The scratches are actually part of the song. Remember "Billy Dont be a Hero"? So lately, I've been watching DVD versions of SWAT and The Brady Bunch and Tabitha and Charlie's Angels and I am officially stuck in the 70s. There were so many great memories and finding your website was so much fun! Today, I might take the big plunge -- yep, a can of Spaghetti O's with Tab. Thanks for your site! I, too, had the Mystery Date Game. I never looked like the cartoon girls that were painted on the box, though.

    Reliving the Summer of 77 in New York City

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whats the song that goes like this...............
    well if ya keep on doing what ya doing im gonna get next to you

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger whipeitoff said…

    not rose royce

     

Post a Comment

<< Home