Stuck in the '70s

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Missing Mom

A year ago today, I lost my mom. I'm not going to write a big ol' bummer of a post because of this. I'm mainly OK today. It was this past weekend that I was a tremendous mess. I sure do miss her. I can't believe it's been a year. Last year, she died four days before Thanksgiving, and the funeral was the day before Thanksgiving. There was no Thanksgiving dinner at our house last year. This year, we're gonna make it different. The hubby and I are going over to Dad's house, while the kids go with their dad to a different city. And we're going to whomp us up a real Thanksgiving dinner. I've bought a turkey breast, cranberry sauce, brown and serve rolls, potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn and I'm even gonna try my hand at making some pumpkin pie tomorrow night.

Dad's doing very well. He went home from the hospital Nov. 12 and is doing pretty good at getting around and getting himself fed, etc. A home health worker comes out daily to check on him, thank goodness. He's so happy to be home. The power of prayer.

Happy Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home