Stuck in the '70s

Friday, August 20, 2004

Web site down (for now)

!@#*#!*#!!

To anyone who found this blog from my Web site, http://www.stuckinthe70s.com, WELCOME, and THANK YOU for caring enough to find me here. If you read yesterday's entry, you'll know that I am in the midst of changing servers. Little did I know that would mean I would lose my ENTIRE WEB SITE!!!!! All of those pages formerly hosted by Cox Internet are gone, gone, gone. I thought they would be transfered over, but now I can't get to them! So, I will be calling tech support tonight after work to see if the files still exist somewhere in cyber space where I can get to them. If not, then I will have to recreate my entire damn web site from scratch. Looks like it's gonna be a looooonnnnngg weekend. Luckily, I had saved my front page on my computer -- but that's the only page I have saved. The rest just resided in cyberspace. (I've learned a very valuable lesson here, folks.)

So, here's how you can help. If I have to create the site from scratch again, that means I'm not going to have all the groovy links and stuff I had on my former Web site. So, if you were linked on any of Stuck in the '70s pages and don't find yourself there on my site any more, please resubmit your link to me at stuckinthe70s@yahoo.com, and I will place you back on there. This is going to be a pain in the arse, I can tell you, but in the long run, it may mean a more efficient and better-looking site (trying to look on the bright side of life). Diary pages, hosted on a free server, should still be accessible. This also includes the magazine pages, I hope.

Please stick with me, and come back and try the buttons to the different pages. If it doesn't work, please come back again the next day, and hopefully, by Monday, Aug. 23, I will have it all worked out, and back up and running.

Thanks for your patience. I'm going to put my head in my hands and cry now.

Julie

3 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger ecips said…

    Hang in there honey. It'll be alright. :0)

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Bill Dennis said…

    Lissen ... do what I did when I lost a blog due to bandwidth problems. Go to Google and look up as many of your posts as possible. You might be able to fund cahsed versions of many if not all of your posts. Use cut and paste to insert them into your new blog when it is set up. Simply backdate the submission date.

    You can also use the Internat Wayback Machine (shades of Peabody and Sherman). In fact, I look the liberty of doing a simple search and found this: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.stuckinthe70s.com

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Julie, That '70s Chick said…

    Hmmmm ....Thank you Bill!
    Julie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home