Stuck in the '70s

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Sophomoric

Well, here it is Tuesday morning. I meant to play with this blog thingy last night, but we got into supper (Velveeta shells & cheese and golden whole kernal corn), and then the hubby wanted to watch "Once Upon a Time in Mexico." We rented the DVD last Friday and have to return it tonight. He'd watched it the night before last but wanted to share it with me. Sweet. Antonio Banderas and Johnny Depp. I used to think Antonio was pretty hot until a friend who was an extra in "White River Kid" told me he's extremely short and acted like a son of a bitch every time she saw him. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Then there's Mr. Depp. Yeah, baby. Born in '63 -- there you go. I've liked him in everything. Well, maybe everything with the exception of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." That was just hard to watch.

We were gonna go to the oldest son's thingy at the high school last night. It was some kind of "welcome" thing for sophomores. At his high school, high school starts with sophomore year. Go figure. So, at the junior high last year, he wasn't called a freshman (although I called him that), he was called a 9th-grader.

Sophomore year. Boy, do I remember that. It was the only year I didn't buy the school yearbook. I looked like a greaser or something in my yearbook picture because my hair was so oily, even though I washed it every morning, and I had zits all over my forehead. It was the year of driver's ed -- 1978-79. I'll never forget learning to drive in an icy central Illinois winter.

Well, better get back to work ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home